- This event has passed.
Join OxLEP’s Enterprise Zones Sub-Group (EZSG)
OxLEP’s Enterprise Zones Sub-Group (EZSG) is seeking members from the business
community to help shape the future direction of how the EZs are promoted and how retained
business rates can be used to benefit Oxfordshire.
As a sub-group of the Oxfordshire Local Enterprise Partnership (OxLEP) we are looking for
persuasive, inspirational and influential senior business representatives who are operating in
the Science Vale area (Harwell, Milton Park, Culham, Didcot) who can bring energy, lived
experience and passion to the group. You will foster positive relationships with key
stakeholders and act as a champion for the Enterprise Zones.
Applications are welcome from all and we are particularly keen to attract members who can
represent and reflect the diverse community we live and work in.
The EZSG is charged with the oversight of the two Oxfordshire Enterprise Zones, Science
Vale Oxford and the Didcot Growth Accelerator.
The responsibilities of the group are to:
- monitor and review the performance of the Enterprise Zones, including updates on
reporting to the OxLEP Board, local government and central government
- monitor and review the core work streams of Enterprise Zone infrastructure projects,
infrastructure development, inward investment delivery and Enterprise Zone marketing
- work in conjunction with other OxLEP sub-groups, develop additional time bound,
discrete projects for approval by the OxLEP Board
- support delivery of the Oxfordshire Local Industrial Strategy ambitions and aspirations
- deliver, through its work plans and actions, OxLEP’s commitment to sustainable
development, social equality and diversity.
Members will be:
- senior representatives of business living and/or working within Science Vale
- individuals that have experience of operating and leading businesses and the
challenges businesses face
- credible and capable of harnessing the business community to ensure we maximise
the potential of Oxfordshire’s businesses to support our ambitions
- able to provide expert thought leadership and act in alignment with the principles of a
‘select committee’ for development and deliver of our ambitions for the Enterprise
Zones.EZSG meets quarterly; these roles involve an absolute minimum commitment of 4 meetings a year plus reading time and possible involvement in future funding panels and task and finish work.
While this is a voluntary role and attracts no remuneration or contractual obligations, expenses arising from undertaking duties are available.
To apply please submit a short covering letter outlining what expertise and skills you bring to the group along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 05 January 2024.
If you would like to arrange an informal discussion please contact:
Richard Byard, Director of Business Development at Richard.Byard@oxfordshireLEP.com